Saturday 1 December 2012

How to Hide Your Status Updates


facebook logoThis is a common thing and must be  happened to you before that Someone you have ties to, whether it’s a co-worker, your boss, or even worse, a parent, has finally discovered social networking and wants to be your newest Facebook friend.
Imagine for a moment that I worked at Mc Donald and that I don’t want my boss to know that I just became a fan of Papa John’s (writing this one’s gonna make me hungry). Here’s what I would do to hide Facebook status updates and keep that fact confined to my closer friends.

Steps to hide your status updates from your friend :

  • On your facebook profile page click on down arrow with the home button on top right corner. A drop down menu will appear , then select privacy settings in this menu.facebook privacy
  • On this page you will see three radiobuttons choices in “Control Your Default Privacy” namely-public, friends and custom as shown above. Here select a custom option and a window will appear as shown below.In this window in the option “Hide this from”, type the name of the person  whom you dont want to show your status updates .facebook privacy1
  • After This setting when you will next upload a status then this will not be visible to a person whose name you have specified in “Hide this from” option.